Is it too late to write a New Year’s post? And wax poetic about how the new year brings new opportunities, a fresh start, a clean slate?
So I’ll spare you my version of what 2018 means to me and all the things that I’m going to do to make it a good one.
Instead, I’ll just share with you all 18 current things about me and my life. Right here, right now.
- I’ve gotten sick twice already in this new year. Twice. This flu that’s going around is no joke. If you start to feel like you’re getting sick do yourself a favor. Stop what you’re doing and just let yourself be sick. The faster you do this, the sooner you’ll recover. Just don’t mess with this mother of a flu.
- I started a bullet journal. I was always intrigued by them and often wondered if starting one would make my busy life as a working mother of three a little more organized. I’ve enjoyed it so far. Maybe I’ll dedicate a future post all about my bullet journal journey.
- My first born was home for about a month for winter break and I loved it. But saying goodbye to her when it was time for her to go back to school was just as hard as it was when she first moved in back in September.
- I have a sudden love for brush pens. I can’t get enough of them. I went from not owning a single brush pen my entire life to collecting 2 dozen of them in a span of two weeks.
- My son and I have started the college conversation now even though he’s still in the middle of his sophomore year. I asked him what his thoughts were about potential schools and I breathed a sign of relief when he said that he was only interested in schools in California, Oregon and Washington.
- My two older kids and I have the iPhone X. When we first got them, I told them that they better take good care of them because they are some expensive arse phones. Guess who dropped theirs and then proceeded to run it over? Yours truly. Thank God for Apple Care.
- My youngest is embarking on a volleyball journey. She chose volleyball over ballet feeling like she was more of an athlete than a dancer. I may sign her up for hip hop though because I personally thought she was awesome at it and because it won’t have the same demands that ballet would.
- For the first time ever, my family is considering moving out of California and starting fresh in Washington or Oregon. Never thought I could ever do it but now feeling more and more like I can.
- Totally into the Outlander series. Love how it takes me away to a far away place. Love how strong Claire is. Love how much Jamie loves Claire.
- Equally loved The Handmaid’s Tale. Binge-watched it last weekend while I was sick and could not get enough of it. The next season needs to start. Stat.
- Next month I turn 49. Forty-freakin’-nine. I really don’t feel that old though.
- Planning a trip somewhere far away like Bali or Tahiti with the OG BFF to celebrate turning 50 next year. Can’t believe we’re going to be 50. I honestly don’t even feel 50.
- Still into podcasts and found an awesome one that I think everyone should try. It’s the Without Your Permission podcast. These cats keep it real.
- Been feeling like I want to try a yoga class. Sami tells me I should really try a hot yoga class. Is hot yoga supposed to be better for you than regular, not hot yoga?
- I’m in the middle of a low-sugar diet. And what this means for me is that I am saying no to anything with sugar in it unless it’s in my coffee. I really want to say I’m going no-sugar but just can’t get past the coffee thing.
- I’ve always wanted to launch a podcast and it’s finally coming to fruition. Really soon. I really hope that it’ll be entertaining. And doesn’t make listeners think, “This podcast sucks. I don’t know why some people think that ANYONE can launch a podcast.”
- Really dreading finding out what happened with Jack Pearson in This Is Us. In my eyes, Jack Pearson is awesome. I think that every child could use a Jack Pearson as their dad and every wife could use a Jack Pearson as their husband. Just my opinion, guys.
- I tried to come up with a single word to be my 2018 mantra but couldn’t choose between “focus” and “finish”. So I decided to have two 2018 words. I’m hoping that “focus” will remind me that I need to stop going a mile wide but only an inch deep with my writing projects which will then allow me to “finish” each of them in 2018. Because truth be told, there are so many writing projects and ideas in my head that if I don’t just focus on one at a time, my words and stories will never see the light of day.
That is all, my friends. 18 things about me. I challenge you all to share 18 things about yourself and your life. Right now. GO.